Old house New House Old House New House: thrift store magazine rack

Tuesday 4 October 2011

thrift store magazine rack

Last week I went to my local value village and found this little magazine rack!
I always have magazines and books kicking around with either no place to put them, or I have put them some where I can't find them, so I thought why not?
after all it was only $3.99, and I thought it had a bit of potential its nice and sturdy just a bit scratched up ;) so this is what I decided to do with it yesterday.

After I got it home I gave it a good cleaning and than I sanded it down and used up the rest of my Martha Stewart Sea Glass paint on it!

for about $5.00 you can buy sample containers premixed and it is more than enough paint for one small project!

After I got it all painted I decided it could use a little something just to give it character and a stencil is a great way to give anything a little added personality. I chose a stencil that I bought at Michaels Crafts and here are the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, leave please leave comment.