Old house New House Old House New House: rocking out

Tuesday 4 October 2011

rocking out

Last year I was at a flea market and I saw an old rocking chair.
Now I have always wanted a rocking chair, so when I realized the guy
would take $40.00 for it I said LOAD IT UP!!!
and despite its ugly appearance complete with a lovely golden stencil of fruit on the front I took it home.
After all beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;) and it was in really good shape!
 At first I thought maybe I would just strip and refinish it a bit darker but after putting it in my sunroom and seeing all of the other brown things that I had in there I figured it needed a bit of color so off to Home depo!
I found a lovely sample size shade of Sea glass by Martha Stewart and after sanding sanding and sanding I painted it!
Its really amazing what a bit of color can do to transform something old into something spectacular!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, leave please leave comment.