Old house New House Old House New House: Making a Basket Coffee Table

Monday 17 October 2011

Making a Basket Coffee Table

O.K. so I decided that I could use a coffee table for my living room!
 I didn't however want to spend alot of money... well maybe a little for paint and legs but that is it...
I scoured around my house and found a little picnic basket, I think its from Michael's (couldn't have been more than $25.00)   so I figured why not use it?
  I got out the paint, Matt's drill, and began to scour around for a couple of furniture table legs and thus began my experiment!

I began by painting my basket first with what was left of my Aergen blue paint (which is what I used on my other coffee table under DIY)  I wanted it to match them together as much as possible even though the styles of them couldn't be more different.
Than I went to Home depot and picked out some legs that I liked.  I wanted something a little bit retro so I went with the triangle ones. Than I got some rubber and metal washers to keep the legs from slipping and make them sturdy along with 4 nuts to screw the whole thing together.


Next I decided where I wanted my legs to go and we pre drilled the holes after marking them out on the bottom with a marker. Than I simply took my legs put the washers on the bottom and slid them through my pre drilled holes and secured each leg with a nut.
Viola!  How sexy are these legs? 
My coffee table is almost in business!
Than I simply painted them white and my new coffee table is ready to go!




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
I joined the party!

8 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, what an adorable outcome!!! The basket works so amazing as a little table (and, um, bonus anyone? Extra STORAGE!!!)

    Great job!

    Take care,
    Christina
    designingbynumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. LOVE. THIS!!!! How adorable! I mean, I could pinch it's cheeks if it had some. Nice, Melissa!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! Reminds me of an old sewing stool my grandmother gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this!
    thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stuff! Your homes look very cozy :)))

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your thoughts, leave please leave comment.