Old house New House Old House New House: Guest Room Redo Part 2 = Paint and Wallpaper

Friday 21 October 2011

Guest Room Redo Part 2 = Paint and Wallpaper

 Remember my guest room?  I think it could best be described as hideous! Here is a refresher for those who are new to our site, or  have blocked out the memory.


  It was just so dingy and boring I could stand it no more!

 Now normally when I decide I want to do something, I need to do it right now!  Not tomorrow, not next week but that very second.  Do you get that way too?   You know, your heart beat races a bit, and all you can think about is your new idea?  I totally get that way.  I have one track mind!  But this time I decided to wait, and actually think about what I wanted to do to my guest room.  It was torture!  I think I changed my mind about color and fabric one thousand times.  It's hard for me, not flying by the seat of my pants. I do think that by really taking the time to think about how we use this room and how I wanted my guests to feel in this room has paid off.    Here it is with my "new" chabby chic bed!

  I knew I wanted this room to feel lighter, I also know that my personal taste tend towards country cottage style, but I like some industrial elements as well as rustic. I also like unexpected details. Also I want all the rooms in my house to be cohesive, not identical but at least to be tied together one way or another.  I decided to paint the walls a very, very pale grey and carry the color up to the ceiling and I found some wallpaper that I loved in a color that I would probably not have considered for my own house. But I love the way it is turning out.  It's not done but it is definitely a BIG improvement!  What do you think?  
My Model, Leo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, leave please leave comment.