Old house New House Old House New House: A 5 Minute Chandelier Dress Up

Tuesday 25 October 2011

A 5 Minute Chandelier Dress Up

I bought this chandelier for my guestroom:
It's very plain, kind of primitive in design, I love it. As an added bonus, it cost under $70.00! I know black is not for everyone, but the design is so simple that it easily could be spray painted any color your heart desires. Red.....yellow....teal.....white....purple.....you could put mini shades on it to dress it up. Can you tell I love this light? With all my love that I feel for this light I felt it needed a little something extra, a little somethin somethin. I remember seeing on Pottery Barns website a chandelier chain cover, the burlap cord cover it's called. I knew it would look perfect my primitive chandelier, but with shipping it was almost $40.00. So I decided to make one myself. What do you think?
I used inexpensive burlap garland from the craft store and self adhesive Velcro tabs. I  measured the length of the chain I wanted to cover,and added a few inches so it would look a little slouchy. I then attached my Velcro tabs to the inside so they would be hidden from sight.  I think it looks much better, hides the chain and cords, and best of all it cost me about  $5.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts, leave please leave comment.